As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolded in Singapore, we witnessed many individuals and groups initiate voluntary, ground-up initiatives to support the vulnerable across a variety of projects.
This report seeks to study the emergence of domestic ground-up initiatives and their challenges, so as to better understand how they can be better supported.
It provides insights into:
• Why and how ground-ups begin;
• What motivates individuals to start these initiatives;
• What their team compositions and manpower needs are;
• What challenges they face;
• What success means to them; and
• What their future plans are.
The research study adopted a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods, including a survey of SG Strong grantee partners who started ground-up initiatives. Acer Pacer Consulting conducted the research, with funding from TMT.