1. What does thriving means to you?
It means to grow and improve as a player on and off the court.
2. After many years of Floorball, you are now playing for a club in Czech. What do you think shaped you to become who you are today.
The important people around me is the reason where I am today. My family and friends for the great support since the beginning. My team mates and coaches for giving me opportunities, experiences and valuable lessons on and off the court.
3. Tell us how you landed on your current career path
It all started in secondary school. I go on and participated in league division 2. After a year, i went on to Division 1. It was very competitive and challenging which I love it. In 2018, I decided to go for the National trials and was selected. Ive played a few international matches and I enjoyed every moments. An opportunity came to play overseas hence I took it.
4. Was there any point of your life that you wanted to give up on Floorball? If yes, how did you overcome it.
There were many instances where I felt like giving up. There was one during the floorball qualifiers period. That period leading up to the competition was tough for me. I had to juggle between school projects and floorball. It was a struggle for me. I tried to focus on one thing at a time. When it is time to study, I will put my thoughts on floorball aside and vice versa. I will also try to submit school work before deadline so I will not rush. I told myself to push through because I was already at my last semester in school. I am glad that it gets better towards the end.
5. How did you feel about moving to Czech and playing there? (Talk about how you went out of ur comfort zone for this, etc.)
At first I was very nervous after deciding to go. I kept asking if it was the right decision. However, I realised that it is once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to play at one of the highest league in the world. Although there may be disadvantages like language barrier, different living environment etc, I think that the experience is the most important thing. I just thought about all the positive things and my friends were supportive of me. Hence, that what makes me want to go out of my comfort zones and to try out something new. I love challenges.
6. What is important in pursuing one’s goals/dreams?
A positive mindset. You may get all the support from people but if the mindset is still wrong, things will be tougher. I believe that mentality always play a big role in whatever we do in life. So always be POSITIVE!
7. What would you say to your peers or anyone else in society to share this passion and determination that you have?
Never ever give up in achieving something you want or what you've worked hard for. The process will always be worth it and one day it will pay off!
8. If you can do/change anything in Singapore, what would you do?
If I could change anything, that would be to have a good publicity for most sports. Like for instance, to broadcast their live matches on television/online. This can help spread awareness of the sports in singapore. Not only for floorball, but other sports too.