1. What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving to me means growing. Growing means anticipating changes.
2. We understand that you have been bullied growing up but have since overcome it and gained confidence. What do you think shaped you to become who you are today?
My desire to see a difference in myself.
To stand up for myself in any circumstances.
To not let my childhood experience where I lacked confidence, define my future self.
3. What was something that you were proud of overcoming? How did you overcome it?
Courage; stepping out of my comfort zone, braving myself to try out martial arts in Evolve to learn self-defense skills.
Confidence; gaining confidence to face crowds. Not bothering as much how people view me.
I managed to overcome it with the full support I got from my parents.
4. Who/what helped you push through?
The people that made me feel small. I wanna prove to them that I’ve my own capabilities too & that physique shouldn’t be discrimination.
My parents. They supported me through my decision.
5. How different is your life now compared to before?
I portray myself more confidently when walking in the public and I realise that I have better self-esteem now.
6. What is something you can tell someone who is struggling/ being bullied right now?
To someone who is struggling, being bullied right now, my advice for you all is to not isolate yourself from the community. Seek help & talk to your trusted ones. Do not let circumstances define you. Be the change you want to see in yourself. Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself cause I believe that no one was born a warrior but they are one when they choose to stand up.
7. If you can do/change anything in Singapore, what would you do?
I would love to make Singapore a free-bullying place. Educating people that hurting others, physically or emotionally is not right. People should be more accepting of one another flaws instead of using it against them.