1) What inspired you to use GoodHood.SG to give care packs to disadvantaged families?
GoodHood.SG is a platform that is meant for good. and in interacting with some of our fellow members, we realized that at that point, many didn’t have access to masks, even though they were in vulnerable circumstances.
2) What would you say was the toughest moment you faced during this project? How did you overcome it?
Packing the carepacks! we totally underestimated the time needed to pack the care packs, and in the end, we had to rope in a few more friends and work late into the night to get them ready.
3) What would you say is the most valuable thing that you have learnt from this experience?
Often, we choose to turn a blind eye to those in need, because it is less uncomfortable. But what we realized is that, if we actually put in a little bit of effort to reach out to those in need, we are the ones who receive a greater blessing in the end.
4) Has there been anything/anyone that has been particularly instrumental in your journey?
There have been many angels throughout the journey, and we have also opened our eyes to the goodness of humanity, re-affirming our belief that people are inherently good, if we are able to bring awareness to the needs of the people around us, most people would help.
5) What advice would you give to someone who is struggling right now?
Get onto GoodHood.sg, the fastest growing community app in Singapore, & find a neighbor or a kind soul who will be able to help meet your needs!
6) Why do you think it is important to go beyond to help people?
The health of a society depends on everyone having access to basic needs. If we see others around us who may be in a less fortunate position, it’s our duty and honor to be able to be a blessing to them.
7) What does thriving mean to you?
Thriving means having an abundance of goodness, and it’s something we hope to be able to facilitate local communities through GoodHood.SG.