Forging a new frontier for a thriving groundup community.
In partnership with GIC, the SG Strong Fellowship aims to nurture a collaborative community of groundup leaders that is equipped, supported and connected.
– To nurture groundup leaders in their ability to identify sector gaps, build their confidence in being able to make a difference and strengthen their long-term commitment to the cause.
– To guide groundup leaders towards clarity of thought, leading to improved quality of community projects for long-term impact.
– To establish a well-connected and collaborative community of groundups.
The SG Strong Fellowship is a 12-month programme that aims to establish a network of leaders to forge a new frontier for a thriving groundup community.
– Targeted at experienced leaders of groundups who show readiness and willingness to develop into leaders of the groundup community.
– Up to 15 groundup leaders selected as Fellows.
– Each Fellow will be awarded up to $10,000 in flexible funding.
– Programme is designed to encourage collaboration amongst groundup leaders, and includes a 2D1N offsite and a number of community learning sessions.
When are applications open?
4 May 2023 to 15 June 2023
Who is eligible?
– Individuals that have founded and/or are currently leading at least 1 groundup project that has been consistently active for at least the last 2 years in the social, environmental, sports or arts sectors.
– A track record of actively journeying with vulnerable communities in Singapore.
– Applicants must be residing in Singapore and 18 years old and above.
– Is able to commit to all core activities under the Fellowship programme and participate in 2 supplementary activities.
How will leaders be selected?
Applicants will be evaluated based on their potential as a leader of the groundup space, a demonstrated understanding of the community they are involved in, and their track record running community initiatives.
Where can I find out more?
Check out the full Fellowship factsheet here.